Result Distribution Methods
Confidentiality of client case information is a top priority for us at BIVI. Case results at the website are accessible by clients through a specified username and password, allowing clients to view only cases in which they have submitted or have permission to view.
All case results are available at our website as a spreadsheet file the same day that testing is completed. For cases with multiple test requests, results will be available at the website as individual tests are completed (see below for a detailed description of interim and final results). Case results are loaded to the website once per day at the time of daily case result distribution (late afternoon).
- Case results are available the same day testing is completed.
- Case results are archived, providing a searchable library.
- Helpful queries are available at the website to aid clients in locating case results.
- Case results can be accessed anytime day or night, including holidays and weekends.
- Special formatting allows clients to see cases with results they have not yet viewed, results that have been added to a case, and what tests are still pending on a case.
- Allows easy downloading of case results, as well as the option to email case results to other individuals.
If requested, a spreadsheet file of case results are emailed to customers either as interim results, final results, or both (see below for a detailed description of interim and final results) at the time of daily case result distribution (late afternoon).
- Case results are sent directly to a client's email inbox.
Interim case results are sent to clients on the day that each individual test on a specific case is completed. If multiple tests are requested on a case, an updated copy of the results for that case will be distributed to the client the same day (at the time of daily case result distribution) that each individual test is completed. When interim results are the only results requested, no actual "final" case report will be distributed to the client, but the client will have received the last interim report, which reflects results of all testing conducted on the case.
Final case results for a specific case are sent to clients only after all testing for the case is completed. When final results are the only results requested on a case, only one final result report is distributed per case, even if multiple tests are requested and testing is completed on different dates. Final case results are distributed the morning of the next working day after all testing is completed on the case.
If both Interim and Final results are requested on a case, results will be distributed on the same day that individual tests are completed, as well as the morning of the next working day after all testing is completed on the case. The last interim case report and the final case report will be the same report, except for the terms "Interim" or "Final" on the reports.